- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- With mixer blend egg yolks, salt, sugar and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar. Very
slowly add 1 cup of the oil, a few drops at a time, and mix thoroughly. Add remaining
oil a little faster, but be careful to blend each addition before adding more oil.
When all oil has been added, add remaining 4 tablespoons vinegar.
- Put remaining ingredients in a saucepan and cook to a smooth paste. Add this
hot mixture to the mayonnaise and blend well.
- Pour into a container and cool in
Yields slightly more than 1 quart.