Mrs. Field's Soft and Chewy
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- On medium speed, in large bowl, blend sugars; add butter, mix till grainy consistency.
Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla extract; beat till fluffy. On low speed, add
flour mixture until barely mixed into butter mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Use
a wet or flour coated fork to gently press a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie.
- Bake until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned, approximately 18 to
- Remove to cool on a flat surface.
Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen
* 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips may be added the same time as the flour
if desired. Bake as usual.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 6/20/01 7:13:46 am.
Source: Mrs. Field's Cookie Secrets