Mrs. Field's Pecan Pie Brownies
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons dark Karo syrup
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 16 pecan halves
tablespoon dark Karo syrup (for pecan halves)
- Mix pecan halves with 1 tablespoon of dark Karo syrup and set aside.
- Beat shortening with brown sugar until creamy. Add molasses, 2 tablespoons dark
Karo syrup and pecan pieces; blend. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Measure flour, add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- To batter slowly mix in dry ingredients until all ingredients are blended well.
- Place in an 8-inch square greased baking pan. Top batter with arranged pecan
halves that have been mixed with the dark Karo syrup.
- Place baking pan in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.