- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream together sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla extract and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Add 1 tablespoon of water and continue mixing
until dough forms a ball.
- Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly onto a lightly greased cookie
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cookies are light brown.
Makes 50 to 56 cookies.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 7:06:09 am.
Source: Sent by UGo - messages.women.com 5/31/01 11:39 AM ET
>> NAME BRAND RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.