- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 12 ounces preserves or jam
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter. Combine cake mix and oats in a large bowl; stir in the melted butter
until the mixture is crumbly. Measure half of this mixture (about 3 cups) into a
greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Press firmly into pan to cover the bottom.
- Combine preserves and water; spoon over crumb mixture in pan, and spread evenly.
Cover with remaining crumb mixture. Pat firmly to make top even.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
The top should be very light brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.