Otis Spunkmeyer Almond
Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1/4 pound or 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Measure flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In mixing bowl
beat softened butter, oil and sugar until blended. Add eggs, vanilla extract, almond
extract and sour cream to butter and oil. Blend until mixture is smooth. all moist
ingredients should be blended well.
- Start adding the flour mixture to batter a little
at a time until thoroughly blended, but do not over-beat. When mixed, remove from
mixer and add poppy seeds. Stir with a spoon until completely mixed through.
in muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25
minutes. Check muffins with a wooden pick. Do not over-bake.
- Store in a sealed container.