Sara Lee Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons dry powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mace (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time
and mix well. Add in flour, powdered milk and corn syrup, beating well after each
- Add lemon juice, salt, vanilla extract, nutmeg, baking powder and mace,
blending everything together well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Cake is done when a wooden pick comes out clean. If in doubt, under-bake just slightly.
>> NAME BRAND RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.