See's Candy Kitchen Fudge
In the West, See's Candy Stores are famous. This is the only recipe which has been made public. The rest are still secret.
- 3 (6 ounce) packages Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans, (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 20 large marshmallows, cut up
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Let chocolate chips, nuts, vanilla extract and butter stand until room temperature in a large bowl (overnight is fine).
- Bring sugar and milk to boil in a large saucepan and keep at a rolling boil for 8 minutes. Dump this all at one time over the chocolate mixture. Add marshmallows and stir vigorously by hand until chocolate bits and butter are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan. Cool and refrigerate for 24 hours before eating.
It will keep well in the refrigerator and will last...and last...and last.