Snickers Candy Bar
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package (2 cups) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or peanuts
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water, the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening.
Stir until melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Pour 1/2 of melted chocolate
into greased 8-inch square pan and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until firm, 15 minutes.
- Return remaining chocolate mixture to low heat.
- Melt caramels and butter with water over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir
in nuts until well blended. Pour into chocolate-lined pan. Spread evenly. Refrigerate
until tacky (15 minutes).
- Top with remaining melted chocolate and spread over caramel filling. Return to
refrigerator and chill until firm (1 hour).
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Ingredients may be melted in microwave.
>> NAME BRAND RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.