Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets
Butterscotch Krimpets were first created in 1914 by the Tasty Baking Company
in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and still remains there today.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (16 ounce) box golden pound cake mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/8 cup Nestle's Butterscotch Morsels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cake: Beat the egg whites until thick. Blend with the cake mix and water. Pour the
batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown
and a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Frosting: Melt the butterscotch morsels in a microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds
or use a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water.
- Mix the butter with the melted butterscotch. Add the confectioners' sugar.
Blend with a mixer until the frosting has a smooth consistency. Spread the frosting
on top of the cooled pound cake. Cut the cake into 9 rows, then make two cuts lengthwise.
Yield: 27 Krimpets
>> NAME BRAND RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.