Tony's All-Purpose Famous
This is the recipe for Tony's Seasonings by Tony Chachere. It was one of
the first creole seasonings on the market. It is sold nationwide in regular markets
or in specialty shops. It comes from Tony Chachere's "Cajun Country Cookbook."
I use it in just about everything I cook.
- 1 (26 ounce) box free flowing salt (Morton's)
- 1 1/2 ounce box ground black pepper
- 2 bottles red pepper
- 1 bottle pure garlic powder
- 1 bottle chili powder
- 1 carton monosodium glutamate (Accent)
- Mix well and use like salt. When it's salty enough, it's seasoned to
perfection. If you are concerned about it being to hot for children you can add
more salt to the mixture, then season to taste.
- Store in an airtight jar.
To season seafood, take 1/2 the above mixture and add: 1 teaspoon powdered thyme
1 teaspoon bay leaf 1 teaspoon sweet basil.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 1:46:31pm 2/2/03
>> NAME BRAND RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.