- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (6 serving size) box sugar-free instant vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups instant powdered milk
- In a medium-size saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Turn
heat to low. Add flour and mix with a spoon until mixture becomes
a cohesive ball. Remove pan from heat. Using an electric mixer or
mixing by hand, add 1 egg at a time and beat until thoroughly blended
and smooth. Continue to add 1 egg at a time, beating well. Mixture
will be shiny and smooth.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto ungreased
baking sheets. For each eclair, place 2 tablespoons dough with 2-inches
in between. Spread each to tablespoons to form 1 x 4-inch rectangles.
Smooth top and sides with a knife to mold uniformly shaped logs.
Leave 4 inches between each eclair.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes until well browned.
- Remove gently with a spatula to wire racks to cool.
- Prepare pudding as directed on bo.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and water. Bring to a boil over
- Meanwhile, beat together mashed banana, lemon juice and vanilla
extract until creamy. Add cocoa and powdered milk. Beat thoroughly.
Gradually add boiling water mixture and beat thoroughly after each
addition so mixture is smooth and without lumps. Additional hot
water may be added for a thinner icing.
- To assemble eclairs, slice tops off horizontally and set tops aside.
Scoop out any wet pastry and discard. Spoon prepared pudding into
eclairs. Replace tops and spread with chocolate icing.
- Fill eclairs just before serving so that the pastry remains
crisp and light.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.