Chocolate Fudge Cheese Cake Brownies
with Nutella-Pecan Frosting
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate (Bakers is good)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 (13 ounce) jar Nutella (stirred well before spreading)
- 1/2 cup toasted and crushed pecans
- Brownie Base: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water. Remove
mixture from heat and stir in sugar until well mixed. Add eggs, vanilla extract
and salt; beat well. Fold in flour and mix just until smooth. Pour into prepared
pan and set aside.
- Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add egg and vanilla
extract and mix until smooth. Add flour; mix until just blended.
- Place spoonsful
of cream cheese batter on brownies. Swirl cream cheese mixture into brownie base
mixture, using a butter knife.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick or knife inserted in center comes
- Frosting: While brownies are still warm, BUT not hot, frost with Nutella. Sprinkle
the crushed pecans over all.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.