Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread (Nutella)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts with skins on
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup
semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place hazelnuts in a single layer on a shallow baking pan. Toast until the skins
are almost black, about 15 minutes.
- Wrap hot hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel, and rub until most of the skins
have come off. Discard skins.
- Process nuts in the bowl of a food processor, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally,
until they have liquefied, about 5 minutes. Set the hazelnuts aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, chocolate chips, and honey in a heatproof bowl or
the top of a double boiler; set over a pan of simmering water. Stirring occasionally,
heat until the chocolate chips have melted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the hot chocolate mixture to the liquefied hazelnuts, and process until the
mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the spread to an airtight container, and store, refrigerated, up to
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.