Chocolate Pound Cake with
- 1 box pound cake mix
- 3 tablespoons sifted cocoa
- 1 heaping teaspoon instant espresso coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- Nondairy whipped topping
- Cake: Place cake mix in mixing bowl, stir in cocoa until thoroughly incorporated.
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Add remaining cold water called for on
the cake mix box to the instant coffee water. Proceed with mixing instructions on
the box, adding called for eggs and oil. Bake according to package directions in
two 8-inch square cake pans.
- Remove and cool cakes as directed. Cut into 1-inch slices.
- Raspberry-Nutella Sauce: Place Nutella, raspberry liqueur and half-and-half into
a glass measuring cup.
- Microwave, covered with paper towel, 30 seconds at a time until Nutella is soft,
stir to mix ingredients together thoroughly. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of sauce
over cake slices on individual plates.
- Top with whipped topping and drizzle a tiny
bit more of the sauce over the whipped topping for garnish.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.