Chocolaty Strawberry Finger Crepes
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Sliced strawberries (optional)
- For the batter, puree milk, eggs and 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves in food processor until smooth. Add flour and melted butter. Pulse slightly until completely blended. Do not over-mix.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spray crepe pan (or 9-inch nonstick frying pan) with nonstick cooking spray and warm over medium heat. When pan is hot, pour 1/4 cup batter in pan, maneuvering to spread batter to cover bottom. Once mixture sets on top, carefully flip crepe to cook other side. Flip crepe onto plate lined with parchment or wax paper. Repeat until batter is gone, separating each crepe with paper.
- Spread each crepe with 1 tablespoon hazelnut spread and 1/2 tablespoon strawberry
preserves. Roll up tightly and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh, sliced strawberries, if desired.
Servings: 12 | Serving size: 2 crepes