- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 30 (1-inch) gold foil candy
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Nutella
- 6 tablespoons chopped
- 30 whole toasted hazelnuts, without husk
- Shell: Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering
water (do not get any water in the chocolate) and stir until completely melted.
Remove from heat and quickly, using a narrow pastry brush, coat the inside of the
foil cups with just enough chocolate to make a thin shell.
- Set cups on a baking
sheet and chill in the refrigerator 10 to 12 minutes or until firm. Keep the remaining
mixture warm as it will be used to cover the filled shells.
- Filling: Melt the milk chocolate chips the same way and then stir in the chopped
hazelnuts and Nutella. Spoon hazelnut filling into each chocolate cup leaving a
little space at the top, about 1/8-inch.
- Chill in the refrigerator about 15 minutes
until the filling is set, then cover the filling completely and immediately place
a toasted hazelnut on top.
- Chill until firm - 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.