Fresh Figs in Nightgowns
- 12 large ripe purple figs
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- Wash figs and pat dry. Set aside.
- Put Nutella in a warm place so it is easy to spoon. Or place the jar in a bowl
of very hot water. Spoon Nutella into a clean, dry bowl. Whisk in 1 cup yogurt until
- One by one, dip each fig into the mixture, holding it by its stem. Cover each
fig completely or almost completely with a thin coating. Place on a large plate
lined with wax paper. Refrigerate until very cold.
- Serve a few tablespoons of plain yogurt alongside. This looks great presented
on fresh fig, grape, or lemon leaves.
- Serve immediately with a fork and a knife.
If you don't feel like dipping the figs, you can serve them whole with
a ramekin of the sauce on the side, or cut the figs in half lengthwise and generously
drizzle with the sauce.
Source: Desserts 1-2-3 by Rozanne Gold