This is a great recipe using Nutella!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pears, sliced into 3/16-inch slices, core removed
- 4 slices store-bought pound cake (sliced like conventional sandwich bread)
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- 1/3 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted with skins off
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter and sauté pear slices for approximately
3 minutes per side, or until they begin to brown.
- In a toaster, toast 4 pound cake slices. Take 2 toasted pound cake slices, smear
with Nutella, sprinkle generously with hazelnuts.
- Top with pear slices and cover
with second slice of pound cake.
- Cut each knuckle sandwich into 4 pieces on the
diagonal and crunch away.
Source: The Surreal Gourmet