Nutella Coconut Semifreddo
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted and
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella,
warmed slightly and divided*
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped to
- Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray, line it with parchment or wax
paper and spray the pan completely again. Dust the pan with 1/2 cup toasted coconut,
covering the sides and the bottom generously.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and set it over a pot of just-simmering
water, whisking constantly until the eggs are warm, about 2 minutes.
- With an electric
mixer, immediately whip the egg mixture on high speed until pale and triple in volume,
about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup Nutella and the remaining 1/4 cup coconut and
mix on low speed just to combine.
- Pour half of the cream mixture into the prepared
pan and drizzle with half of the remaining warmed Nutella.
- Using a knife
or spatula, lightly swirl the Nutella into the cream. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Invert the pan onto a serving plate and, using a warm wet cloth or a culinary
torch, warm the sides until the Semifredo releases from the pan.
- Remove the paper
- Serve cold with your favorite fresh fruit.
* To toast the coconut, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spread the coconut
on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
** To warm the Nutella, in the microwave, heat on high in a microwaveable bowl
for 5 seconds. Or for the stovetop, heat on low heat in a pot until mixture becomes
Makes 12 servings.
Source: Nutella recipe booklet