Nutella Crinkle Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 ounce)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- 2 cups finely chopped hazelnuts
- Sifted confectioners' sugar
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat Nutella and shortening in a large bowl until combined.
- Add sugar and mix
until combined, beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and milk alternately and mix
until just combined.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts.
- Cover and chill several hours until firm.
- Shape dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll in finely chopped hazelnuts, then in confectioners' sugar.
- Place on greased
cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes - surface should be cracked and cookies set.
Makes about 70.