Nutella Fondue 2
- 2 (3/4-inch thick) slices frozen pound cake
- 12 whole strawberries
- 12 fresh pineapple chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1 tart, firm red apple, such as Fuji or Gala
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Wooden skewers or fondue forks for serving
- Cut 2 slices of cake, each 3/4-inch thick. Cut each slice into 8 chunks. Place
the cake pieces on a decorative serving platter. Rinse and drain the strawberries
and arrange them on the platter. Drain the pineapple chunks and place them on the
platter. Cut the apple (not peeled) into quarters. Core and cut each section into
4 slices. Place them on the platter. Set aside.
- Place Nutella in a decorative, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered with a
paper towel, at high, stirring and testing at 15-second intervals, until very warm
but not hot, about 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Allow each person to spear cake and fruit with wooden skewers or fondue forks
and dip into the melted Nutella, fondue-style. Alternatively, spoon some chocolate
sauce onto individual plates and dip.