- 6 egg yolks
- 1 capful pure vanilla extra
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated
- 33 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 (0.32 ounce/9g) packets vanilla sugar
- 1 (13 ounce) jar Nutella
- In a large saucepan over low-medium heat, add milk and vanilla sugar; stir. Add
vanilla extract. Continue to stir until milk is warmed completely through, but do
not let boil.
- In a mixer, combine the sugar and egg yolks. Beat with the paddle attachment
until mixture is creamy. Slowly temper the egg mixture with the milk mixture. Return
combined mixture to sauce pan and continue to stir over low heat until mixture thickens.
This could take a few minutes. Slowly add in Nutella, stirring through completely
with each spoonful.
- Once the mixture thoroughly coats the back of a wooden spoon, it is ready. Remove
from heat and move pan into refrigerator to cool completely. This could take a few
- Place mixture into an ice cream/gelato maker and follow manufacturer's