Nutella Ice Cream Cups
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened until spreadable but not melted
- 1 cup
- 2 pints coffee ice cream, softened until spreadable but not melted
- 8 whole toasted peeled hazelnuts
- Have ready 8 (5 to 6 ounce capacity) ramekins. Spread 1/4 cup chocolate ice cream
onto the bottom of each ramekin. Drizzle 2 teaspoons Nutella evenly over the chocolate
ice cream. Spread 1/2 cup coffee ice cream into each ramekin. Smooth the top. Freeze
the ramekins until the coffee ice cream is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Removing only 4 ramekins from the freezer at a time, spread a smooth layer of
Nutella over the coffee ice cream. Place a hazelnut in the center of each filled
ramekin. Freeze the ramekins just until the topping is firm, about 15 minutes.
To freeze ahead: Wrap each ramekin tightly with plastic wrap. Gently press heavy
aluminum foil around each ramekin. Label with date and contents. Freeze up to 2
weeks. To serve: Unwrap the ramekins and let sit at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes
to soften the ice cream slightly.