Nutella Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso (or coffee) powder
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks)
unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
cup Nutella, divided use
- 6 ounces white chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dry-roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and espresso (or coffee) powder.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand-held mixer, beat together the butter and shortening
for 1 minute. Add the sugars and beat on medium high speed for 3 minutes. Lower
the speed, scrape down the sides and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after
each. Stir in the vanilla extract, 1/3 cup Nutella and the flour mixture. Add both
chocolates and cashews and mix in. Place 2 tablespoons of batter per cookie on a
sheet pan, allowing for 3 inches between each one, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Cool cookies completely.
- To make sandwiches: Spread one cookie with 1/2 tablespoon Nutella. Place a large
scoop of ice cream on another and sandwich the two together facing the ice cream
and Nutella in.
- Continue with the remaining cookies.
Makes 8 ice cream sandwiches.
Source: Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 6:06:26pm 4/27/03.