- 2 cups bran
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
(light corn syrup)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Heat the oven to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin or place
paper muffin cups.
- Pour the bran into a large bowl and sift in the flour, baking powder and baking
soda. Add the the walnuts or pecans and lightly mix through with your fingers.
- Heat the golden syrup in a small bowl in the microwave until it is quite runny.
Add the milk and egg to the syrup and beat together. Add to the dry ingredients
in the large bowl and stir together carefully but quickly, stopping before it all
looks properly mixed. Do not to overmix or the muffins will look and feel like hockey
pucks. Half fill each muffin mold with the mixtures. Using a wet teaspoon make small
holes in the top of each muffin. Carefully spoon a teaspoon of Nutella into each
hole and cover the filling in each muffin completely with the remaining muffin mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
Makes 12 muffins.