Thyme Restaurant Chocolate Croque Monsieur
- 1 brioche bread loaf
- 1 small jar Nutella
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Warm the Nutella in a water bath until soft.
- Slice the brioche 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the softened Nutella on one piece of bread, the raspberry jam on the other. Coat lightly. Put the two pieces together to form a sandwich.
- In a Teflon pan, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Place the sandwich in and cook until golden, then flip over and do the same thing.
- Cut the sandwich into 4 equal pieces and give it a dusting of powdered sugar and serve it warm.
Source: Bubala, chef at Thyme restaurant, Chicago, Illinois