- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages blanched whole almonds
- 1 can dry roasted cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place nuts in jellyroll pan.
- Mix soy sauce and water; drizzle over nuts, tossing to distribute evenly.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Mix five spice powder and garlic powder; sprinkle over nuts.
- Bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes