- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated orange rind
- 2 1/2 cups nutmeats
- Combine sugar, water and orange juice in a saucepan, stirring well to dissolve
sugar. Cover pan and place over heat; boil for 1 minute, or until the steam
inside the pan has melted all sugar crystals down the sides.
- Remove cover and continue cooking to soft-ball stage (240 degrees F).
- Add cinnamon, orange rind and nutmeats. Stir gently with a fork until syrup
loses its clearness and becomes creamy.
- Turn the mass out onto a sheet of wax paper, or onto a lightly buttered
- Separate the nutmeats with a fork.
- Allow to cool.
Makes 2 1/2 cups.