Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pecans
Use pecans or walnuts for these lightly sweetened spiced nuts. Serve at a holiday party for guests to nibble on. It's also great for gift-giving. Place in cellophane bags and tie with a holiday ribbon.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups pecan halves
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in small bowl.
- Beat egg white and vanilla in large bowl until foamy.
- Add pecans; toss to coat well.
- Add spice mixture; toss to coat pecans evenly.
- Spread pecans in single layer on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring once. Cool slightly and break apart.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 1 hr | Yield: 4 cups or 12 (1/3-cup) servings
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 223 Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 54mg Protein: 3g Total Fat: 19g Fiber: 3g Carbohydrate: 10g
Photo credit: Katie Goodman from Good Life Eats
Recipe and photo used with permission from: