Barbecue Chicken and Cheddar Dinner
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 small unpeeled red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place a 12-inch square foil sheet on a work surface. Spoon about 1 teaspoon
of the barbecue sauce in the center of the foil.
- Place one chicken breast half over barbeque sauce and spread another teaspoon
of sauce over chicken.
- Top with quarter of the potato, bell pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle with a little of the salt and pepper.
- Fold foil in half to cover contents; make narrow folds along edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to assemble three more packets.
- Place the four packets on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Open foil packets with scissors and carefully pull back edges as contents
may be very hot.
- Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the top of each chicken breast and
return to oven, unsealed for two minutes or until cheese is melted.
- With a spatula, transfer the contents of each packet onto individual serving
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.