Foil Wrapped Pears and Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons room temperature sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Generous pinch of cinnamon
- 1 comice or Anjou pear
- 1 navel orange halved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut pear in half and remove core and cut off stem and blossom end. Do not peel the pear.
- Place each pear half cored side up on a large square of doubled heavy duty foil.
- Scoop up 1/2 of the butter sugar mixture and form into a ball and press into pear cavity.
- Gather foil up around pear and squeeze juice from 1 orange half over pear. Close foil around pear.
- Repeat with other half.
- Place wrapped pears on a baking sheet and bake until very soft, about 1 hour.
- Remove pear from foil and place on plate; drizzle with caramel sauce.
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.