Greek Fish in a Packet
- 2 (5 to 6 ounce) fish fillets (use firm fish)
- 1 cup fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 8 thin slices red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon or lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Dash of salt
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Cut two sheets of aluminum foil to 12 x
24 inches. Fold each sheet of foil over to make a double thick square. Brush a little oil on the center of each square.
- Layer half of the sliced fennel, tomatoes and onions on each square.
- Top each with a fish fillet.
- In a cup, combine the olive oil, lemon or lime juice and dill and pour it
over the fish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold the foil into an airtight packet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.