Mustardy Pork Chop Packet
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 thick slice onion
- 1 (5 ounce) boneless pork chop
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprig of rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil well a 12-inch square of aluminum foil.
- Place onion slice on half of foil.
- Trim fat from chop, spread both sides with mustard, place on onion, sprinkle
with salt and pepper, and top with rosemary if desired.
- Close foil to form a triangle, rolling edges and crimping firmly to seal,
turning sealed edges upward. Ensure that packet is tightly closed, as a lot of juice is made during baking.
- Place in baking pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on thickness
of chop, or until chop is no longer pink in center.
- Transfer packet to dinner plate, open and turn chop with onion and juices
- Serve, if desired, with baked potato or baked sweet potato.
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.