Cherry Cheese Ring
Source: The Pampered Chef
Ring and Filling
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls'
- 1 (250g) package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) vanilla or almond extract
- 1 (540 ml) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) icing sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons (10
to 15 ml) milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles; reserve 4 triangles for
- On Large Round Stone, arrange 12 triangles in a circle with wide ends toward
the outside edge of Baking Stone and points toward the center. Using Lightly
floured Dough and Pizza Roller, roll dough to 14-inch circle, pressing seams
together to seal and leaving a 3-inch hole in the center
- For filling, in Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, icing sugar,
egg and vanilla extract. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2
inch of the edge; top with pie filling.
- Using Pizza Cutter, cut each remaining triangle into thirds, staring at
the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point. Arrange
dough strips evenly in spoke like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at
center and outer edges.
- Place Baking Stone on Large Rack.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown: cool slightly.
- For glaze, mix icing sugar and milk until smooth: drizzle over ring using