Frosty Pumpkin Dessert
Source: The Pampered Chef
32 gingersnap cookies, finely chopped (1 1/3 cups crumbs)
1/4 cup butter
or margarine, melted
1 (1/2 gallon) container vanilla ice cream, divided
2 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
2/3 cup toffee bits
cup solid pack pumpkin
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Pantry
Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
- Chop cookies with Food Chopper, Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker; microwave
on HIGH 30 to 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in crumbs. Firmly press crumb
mixture onto bottom of Springform Pan. Place in freezer.
- Scoop half of the ice cream into Classic Batter Bowl using Ice Cream Dipper.
Place in refrigerator 10 minutes to soften.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped topping and toffee bits into softened ice cream
just until blended. Spread evenly over crust using All-Purpose Spreader. Freeze
until firm, about 1 hour.
- Place remaining ice cream in refrigerator 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, mix pumpkin, brown sugar and spice blend in batter bowl. Scoop
softened ice cream into pumpkin mixture. Mix just until blended. Spread evenly
over ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, about 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, place dessert in refrigerator 20 minutes for easier
- Fill Easy Accent Decorator with remaining whipped topping. Run Utility Knife
around outside of dessert; remove collar from Springform pan. Smooth sides with
spreader. Cut dessert into wedges. Garnish each serving with whipped topping
and sprinkle with additional spice blend, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings