Peanutty Chocolate Cake
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 9 (0.6 ounce) peanut butter cup candies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons
- Lightly spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer
or brush with vegetable oil using Pastry Brush.
- Place cake mix in Classic Batter Bowl.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and eggs; whisk until smooth using
Stainless Steel Whisk. Add sour cream mixture to cake mix; mix until smooth
using Mix 'N Scraper. Using Large Scoop, place 12 scoops of batter into bottom
of pan; spread evenly. Arrange peanut butter cup candies in a circular pattern
over batter. Top with remaining batter, spreading evenly.
- Microwave cake on HIGH 11 to 14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted near
center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center.) Remove
to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan.
Carefully invert cake onto Round Platter.
- Place peanut butter in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds
or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Pour peanut butter
evenly over top of cake, allowing it to drip down sides.
- Place chocolate morsels and oil in same micro-cooker. Microwave on HIGH
20 to 40 seconds or until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate evenly over peanut
butter topping. Coarsely chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over top
- Slice and serve using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 12 g,
Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 500 mg, Fiber 2 g
To easily drizzle chocolate, place a small resealable plastic food storage
bag inside Measure-All cup. Pour melted chocolate into corner of bag. Twist
top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Using Paring Knife, cut a small tip off
corner of bag to allow the chocolate to flow through.
To bake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 40 to
45 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate cake after
6 minutes of cooking.