Spinach Diamond Puffs
Source: The Pampered Chef
1 (300g) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup carrots,
1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise, regular
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (1 cup/250 ml)
1 (411g) package frozen puff
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Cover Rectangle Stone with Parchment Paper.
- Place drained spinach on paper towels and press to remove excess moisture.
Chop carrots and onion using Food Chopper. Place spinach, carrots, onion, mayonnaise
and seasonings in Classic Batter Bowl. Shred cheese into Bowl using Deluxe Cheese
Grater; mix well.
- Lightly sprinkle flat side of Grooved Cutting Board with flour. Using floured
Dough and Pizza Roller, roll half of pastry into a 12-inch square. (wrap remaining
pastry in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.) Cut rolled pastry
into sixteen 3-inch squares using Pizza Cutter. (Do not separate squares.)
- Using Small scoop, place a scant scoop spinach mixture in center of each
square. Flatten slightly with back of scoop. Combine egg and water. Using Pastry
Brush, brush egg mixture over cut lines in pastry and around outside edge of
large square. For each appetizer, bring two opposite corners of each square
up over filling, pinch together firmly and twist. Place on Stone. Brush appetizers
with egg mixture.
- Bake 17 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to serving platter using Mini-Serving Spatula.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and spinach mixture.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 32 appetizers
Per appetizer: 113 calories; 2 g protein; 9g fat; 7g carbohydrate; 85 mg
Cook's Tip: The spinach mixture can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, but
assemble and bake the puffs just before serving.