Strawberry Spinach Salad 2
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
- 8 ounces
(1 1/2 cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced and
cut in half
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (1/4 cup)
- 1 (6 ounce)
package baby spinach
- For dressing, zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1/2 teaspoon
- Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice.
- Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in Small Batter
Bowl. Whisk until well blended using Mini-Whipper. Cover; refrigerate until
ready to use.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For salad, spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool almonds
in bar pan.
- Meanwhile, hull strawberries using Cook's Corer; cut strawberries into
- Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using
- Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice cucumber;
cut slices in half.
- Slice onion into thin wedges.
- Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion.
Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat using 3-Way Tongs. Sprinkle
- Serve immediately.