Source: The Pampered Chef
3/4 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded cheddar
2 tablespoons water
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
green bell pepper
1 cup salsa
3 cups shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato,
seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
Sour cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium skillet, cook and stir beef over medium-high heat until browned
and then drain. Stir in seasoning mix, cheese and water, set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle
on a greased 14-inch pizza pan with wide ends overlapping in the center and
the points toward the outside. (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in
the center.) Scoop meat mixture evenly onto the widest end of each triangle.
Bring outside points of the triangles down over filling and tuck under wide
ends of dough at the center. (Filling will not be completely covered.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut top off pepper using a V-shaping zigzag pattern. Place pepper in center
of ring; fill with salsa. Mound lettuce, tomato, onion and olives on top of
ring surrounding bell pepper.
- Cut ring; serve garnished with sour cream.