Tomato Basil Squares
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1 (10 ounce) package pizza crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves,
snipped, or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove,
- 4 plum tomatoes thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using lightly floured Dough and Pizza Roller, roll out pizza crust on Rectangle
Baking Stone to within 1 inch of edge of Stone. Sprinkle crust with one cup
of the mozzarella cheese; set aside. Using deluxe cheese grater, grate parmesan
cheese, using kitchen shears, snip basil.
- In 1-quart batter Bowl, combine the remaining mozzarella cheese, Parmesan
cheese, basil and mayonnaise, mix well. Using garlic Press, press garlic over
cheese mixture. mix well.
- Using Ultimate Slice & Grate, thinly slice tomatoes, arrange in single
layer over mozzarella cheese on crust.
- Using medium stainless steel scoop place mozzarella cheese mixture over
tomatoes spread to cover evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Cut with Pizza cutter.
- Serve with mini serving spatula.