Potato Kugel Puffs
Create classic potato pancakes with traditional ingredients and preparation.
Potato pancake mix that is kosher for Passover is available where other Passover products are sold.
Add even more delicious flavor to these airy potato treats by topping them with applesauce.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded (3/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 box (about 6 ounces) potato pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 1 large or 2 medium cookie sheets with shortening or cooking spray.
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat margarine, onion, carrot and water to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 2 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix pancake mix, matzo meal, parsley, nutmeg and pepper.
- Add hot vegetable mixture; stir until blended.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into potato mixture until well blended.
- Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet, forming 12 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly to a 3-inch round, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool for 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet.
- Serve immediately, bottom side up.
Prep: 20 min | Total: 50 min | Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 80mg; Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.