Think thin mints and you've got this creamy pie, with double-chocolate pudding layered with peppermint cream.
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (4 serving size) box chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red or green food color
- 2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- Shaved chocolate, if desired
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat milk and pudding mix to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Place plastic wrap directly over surface of pudding.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes or just until cooled.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, peppermint extract and food color with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- On low speed, gradually beat in 1 cup of the whipped topping until combined. Spread in cooled baked shell.
- Stir cooled pudding mixture; spread over cream cheese layer.
- Carefully spread remaining 1 cup whipped topping over pudding layer. Garnish with chocolate havings.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
Prep: 25 min | Total: 2 hr 10 min | Yield: 8 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: