Fluffy Key Lime Pie
A classic dessert takes an easy turn with a refrigerated pie crust.
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 package
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 pasteurized eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 drops green food
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- Sweetened whipped cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked
Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, combine gelatin, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the lime
juice, water and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly,
until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime peel and
- Pour mixture into large bowl.
- Refrigerate until mixture mounds slightly,
about 45 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks
- Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. In
small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir egg whites and whipped cream into cooled lime mixture.
- Spoon into
cooled baked shell.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Serve topped with sweetened
- Store in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Total Time: 3 Hr 45 Min
Makes: 8 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No changes.
Recipe and photograph used with permission from