Baked Banana Crumble
- 4 ripe, firm bananas, peeled
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, in 6 pieces
- Combine orange juice and vanilla extract; reserve.
- Slice bananas lengthwise and place cut side up in four buttered baking dishes.
- Combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- Add butter. Using a pastry blender or two knives, blend until mixture resembles small peas.
- Drizzle bananas with orange juice. Spoon crumble mixture over fruit.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 10/18/2001 7:22 am.