Cheddar Apple Crisp
- 4 cups apples (crisp and tart such as Braeburn), peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 plus 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed, divided
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine apples, lemon juice and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Arrange in buttered 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; gently mix in cheese. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, garnished with shredded cheese.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin