- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups peeled, cored and sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Cut butter into brown sugar, the 1/4 cup granulated sugar and flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Cook zucchini and lemon juice for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Drain, then add nutmeg, cinnamon and the 3/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until brown. It will crisp as it cools.