Shaker Lemon Pie
- 2 large lemons
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- Pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie
- Slice lemons as thin as paper, rind and all. Combine with sugar; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate. Let stand for 2 hours, preferably overnight. Stir occasionally.
- Add beaten eggs to lemon mixture; mix well. Turn into unbaked pie shell, arranging lemon slices evenly. Cover with top crust. Cut several slits near center. Cover pie edge with foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake for about 20 minutes or until silver
knife inserted near the edge comes out clean.
- Cool before serving.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.