Oat Pizza Crust
3/4 cup oat flour blend
1/2 envelope active dry yeast
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1/2 to 3/4 cup bread flour
- Combine 1/2 cup oat flour blend and yeast in bowl.
- Combine water, salt, olive
oil and sugar in medium saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring.
- Add liquid and fennel
seeds to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup
oat flour and enough bread flour to make moderately stiff dough. Knead until smooth,
and satiny 5 to 10 minutes. Shape into ball and place in lightly greased bowl, turning
to grease all sides.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled.
- Roll dough on lightly floured board into thin 12-inch round. Place on bottom
and about 3/4-inch up sides of 10-inch round deep-dish baking pan. Or pat dough
into bottom and sides of pan. Pierce all over with fork.
- Pre-bake at 475 degrees
F for 4 minutes.
- Let cool.