Chicken with Dumplings
- 1 fryer chicken
- 2-3 cups water
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Bisquick
- Parsley flakes
- Cut up a fryer and brown it in a frying pan. Put the chicken in the pressure
cooker with water, carrots and celery.
- Deglaze the frying pan with some of the water
and put that liquid into the pressure cooker. Add about a tablespoon of chicken
bouillon, cover and cook it for 20 minutes at 15 psi.
- After cooling and removing
the lid, the chicken is now falling off the bones. Remove chicken, and season the
liquid with salt and pepper.
- Make the dumplings. Mix Bisquick and enough water to make a sticky dough. Form
into 2-inch balls. Put some parsley flakes on the outside of each dumpling and place
8 dumplings into the pressure cooker with the chicken and liquid. Put on the lid
and cook for another 10-15 minutes.